Register to Play
How to Register
Registrations are now open for the 2018 season of football!
To register to play football with Pukekohe AFC, simply log in to your ‘MyComet’ profile, using your username and password supplied by email from NZ Football. If you have not received an email from NZ Football, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with each player’s full name and we will send you the details to access your profile or you can look up your details via the MyComet Self-Service Look Up.
Important Notes (as at 16 February 2018) …
- In the interest of privacy, we can only send access details for a player to the email address that we have on file.
- Online fee payments via MyComet are now active. Please note: If you use this facility to pay your fees, the payment will incur a 2.5% COMET Admin Fee. If you select the ‘Pay Later’ option at the end of your registration, you can pay your fees via internet banking into the Pukekohe AFC Club account, this incurs no extra admin fee.
‘All Girls’ teams
For girls who wish to play in a ‘girls only’ team:
- Please register as normal (via myCOMET) as instructions above.
- Please pay your fees via internet banking into Pukekohe AFC club account.
- Please email Vicki email@example.com to advise her you wish to play in an ‘all girls’ team. This will be recorded on the age group lists. Girls wanting to play in ‘all girls’ teams do not need to trial. The boys teams are sorted first after trials, then Vicki will contact all girls individually to advise the date of their first meeting/muster.
For all youth players who are participating in trials (9-17yrs), fees need to be paid in full before 19 February 2018. All other players need to register and pay their fees by 19 March 2018.
There are 2 options to pay fees:
- You can pay via myCOMET at point of registration via Debit or Credit Card. This option incurs a 2.5% additional fee for NZ Football administration.
- You can choose the ‘click to pay later’ option at point of registration. This allows you to exit your active registration and pay the fees to the PAFC club bank account (via internet banking). Details how to do this are listed below. This option incurs no extra fee.
Fees need to be paid by 19 March 2018, and can be made directly into the club’s bank account:
Please use ‘player’s full name’ and ‘date of birth’ and ‘Fees’ as a payment reference.
More Information from New Zealand Football
NZ Football are introducing a new digital framework as they modernise how they interact with the football playing community.
They have partnered with Analyticom, Sportsground and Salesforce to deliver a replacement club and player management system. This took effect on 1 Jan 2018 and replaces the old Sports TG system we have used over the past few years. The new registrations application NZ Football are using is called COMET.
This means that the management of our membership base should become easier and it will improve the way we manage teams, membership and competitions.
NZ Football will be sending every registered member from the 2017 season an email about COMET.
MyCOMET is the member profile for football participants. This is where members will be able to make purchases for registrations, coaching courses, view your own calendar for fixtures you have registered to and manage your own details. All current members will have a MyCOMET profile set up which should be going live at the end of this week/early next week.
A scheduled communication, via email, from NZ Football to all members will be released slowly over the next week. This will explain to you how to activate and navigate through your member profile. The email will include your login details. You will need this information once NZ Football advise us they are ready for us to open Registrations for the 2018 season. We will advise when that will be.
As with any new system there is always ‘glitches’, so we ask that you please be patient as all clubs get up to speed with the new application. We will continue to keep you updated. During this new implementation the club has lost the ability to directly email from the player management system, this is the reason why no members have been updated directly via email about upcoming events. NZ Football hope to have this fixed within the next week also.